• Introduction

    Hello Viewers,

    I’m gonna overhaul this blog a little and add all my Youtube gaming review into the blog as I am more active in youtube videos then I am in blogging.

    Watch more DayZ, Mechwarrior Online, Arma 3 videos at OffshoreSHO Youtube Channel <-Click Here

    Don’t forget me please =0

What you need to run ARMA 3

Posted by Offshore On 2:02 PM 0 comments

What you need to run ARMA 3

If your experiencing issue with Arma 3 with your current system like lag and dropping frame rate but you have a decent graphic card and it’s left you clueless as to how the game isn’t smooth? You were like me, I have a GTX780 OC’ed version and I couldn’t get the game to run smooth for the life of me.

Here’s the secret in capital letters. IT ISN’T YOUR GRAPHIC CARD!! IT’S YOUR CPU. Now your saying you have a decent CPU it shouldn’t be like this?

ARMA 3 is a CPU base game, this includes graphic processing. Now your saying “What kind of jerk created this?” exactly what I said when my AMD FX8120 couldn’t run ARMA 3 at 4.5Ghz Oc’ed.

Unfortunately the game is picky with the processor that runs it. After my 8120 failed me with Arma 3 I decided to upgrade to AMD FX 8350 and then to i7 within a month.

You will not see benchmarks here, but I can tell you my experiences.

AMD FX 8120 – Owned and tested
AMD FX 8120 will run the game at 5-30 frame rates per sec. You will experience stuttering and the longer you play it the slower it gets. I was not amused.

AMD FX 8350 – Owned, tested & sold
AMD FX 8350 will run the game smoothly. Around 20-36 frame rates per sec. If you don’t understand this, it means it will run the game smooth enough for you to enjoy it. However if your going to record the gameplay it will be ok but you will feel some stuttering every few minutes.

Intel i5 4670K
I have not owned this CPU before but from most sites and forum I have read this will run ARMA 3 with no problems. You don’t wanna know how many sites and forums to get this info.

Intel i7 4770K – Currently Own
Intel i7 4770K I would say is the right CPU for ARMA 3. I run it smoothly and I can record gameplay with ease. It shows that ARMA 3 loves the intel processors. I have no complains and if you want ARMA 3 running at its best this is the processor for you. The problem is, can you afford it? This processor as you know will cost you more then a few pennies. However older i7 will give you the same performance.

If your wondering about what GPU you should have? Anything about the range of AMD’s 6870 or Nvidia’s 550 or 650 will be enough. Remember this is only for ARMA 3 not other games.

Now i got this answer after many days and hours searching forum and sites to help me find a solution to get my ARMA 3 ro run smooth and i did not get my answer. The only answer is your gonna need to spend some money. As proof of this you should see my youtube video below running ARMA 3 on an i7 4770k 3.5Ghz.



You don't have to use this videos for example. Most of the famous youtuber are running i7 processors. Don't believe me? Ask them ourselves. Place a comment and those famous for their ARMA 3 or DayZ videos will tell you their specs. If they answer you. I spent a lot of money and lost money trying to get ARMA 3 to run smoothly.

I hope this article helps you so you don't have to loss money like i did.

Later Guys.
Oh BTW help me out by liking a few videos or subscribing to my youtube channel. Thanks in Advance.

0 Response for the "What you need to run ARMA 3"

Post a Comment